Saturday, November 21, 2009

KRS One Set to Help Homeless on Turkey Day

In giving back to his community for the holidays, legendary emcee KRS-One has teamed up with The Bowery Mission to help serve the homeless food on Thanksgiving. From 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., KRS is expected to serve over 3,000 meals, while also giving his time and inspiration to those in need.

Homeless at a younger age, The Teacha himself found guidance at The Bowery Mission. As they helped him, he too would like to help others in need. “I am participating in The Bowery Mission’s Thanksgiving food drive and event because I myself was once homeless, walking these very streets, and spending time with these wonderful people at The Bowery Mission. I depended on them to survive.”

Understanding his significance within the Hip Hop community, KRS-One continued, “I am showing up for Thanksgiving this year to not only lend a hand, but hope that I am may inspire others in the Hip Hop community to consider their role towards helping the homeless, and join me by helping those in your community that need help during this holiday season.”

Adding KRS-One, “Homelessness is a pandemic, and most people do not realize the severity of the situation. You may be homeless one day yourself. I urge the Hip Hop nation to live up to the true nature of our culture and give.”

For more information on The Bowery Mission, visit bowery.org

No comments:

Post a Comment